Thursday, December 29, 2016

21 days of Chemo

Some do the 21 day fix work out plan. I just finished my first 21 days of chemo plan.  To be honest, it went great!  We lived life as normal with minimal side effects.  We enjoyed Christmas with family and friends. As I embark on my first stretch of 7 days off of chemo, I am headed to St. Mary's in Grand Rapids tomorrow to have my ovaries removed.  As you may recall my breast cancer thrives off of estrogen, so removing the ovaries will eliminate a lot of estrogen in my body with hope to keep the cancer  from growing any more.

Surgery is scheduled for 2:00 pm for those of you who want to say some prayers at that time, we welcome them.

I am off of chemo until Wednesday and then we will start the next 21 day cycle.

The picture above was taken by my dear friend Christi Marsh a few weeks ago, and as teenagers would have it, Bryce got his haircut a few days later....  We will have to do some more pictures soon, as he hardly looks like the same kid.

Peace and Hope,
Chris

4 comments:

  1. Thinking about you guys right now Chris. Jamie, Riley and Spencer McElfish

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will be praying for a safe surgery and for God to comfort you along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry that you have all this cancer going on Mrs. stark.you are such a good mother to your kids and an awesome wife to coach my family and I appreciate all u do for Montague schools more then you know. My whole family and I will be praying for you.Good luck Mrs.stark.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your surgery went well and you recover quickly. Still praying for you daily. God bless you all and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete